to Neko Ngeru
the first cat cafe in Wellington Region
* Spend $20 on our unique merchandise and get one hour free entry in the cat room (only weekdays)
* This weekend is International Cat Day so come in the cat cosplay (something like cat ears at least) and get 20% off of one hour entry on Sat. 8th and Sun. 9th.
* As always — Love Cats and Love People!
CATS IN THE CAFE
Nine different functions of Neko Ngeru
Just as a cat has ‘nine’ lives, Neko Ngeru has nine different functions on its site!
- Cat Room – you can play and/or chill out with our cats. Cats are great for relaxation!
- Adoption Centre – you can find the ‘purrfect’ cat for you and your family!
- School of ‘cat-craft and kittenry’ – our student cats learn how to behave here.
- Café – you can buy delicious coffee and food in the cat room, café and/or takeaway!
- Event room– we host a lot of fun events like cat yoga, movie night and cat toy making!
- Cat merchandise – many things cats need and cat lovers want from NZ and abroad.
- Function Centre – you can have a private function like a birthday party or team building!
- Local Artist Gallery & Exhibitions – we support local artists by giving space to exhibit.
- Educational Centre – learn how to improve the lives of all cats in NZ, cat health and safety, TNR, and how to better interact with your cat.
We have quality products from Japan and China. We also have locally made items too.
Meet Our Cats
Here you can find individual information about each of our adoptable cats. All of our cats come from rescue organisations around Wellington and have been de-sexed, vaccinated and de-wormed. We learn the stories of all the cats we care for and post them here for you to know some of their unique and exciting histories. As we interact with them on a day to day basis, we add more information so you can make an informed decision about whether you want to bring one into your family and home.
Videos of our Cats
Mid March, Bobcat filmworks came to the cafe to interview Richelle. We hope you enjoy watching this great video and can learn at lot about Neko Ngeru! (=^･^=)
Tuesday: Closed (open on 14th of July)
Small door charge applies for the Cat Room.
Please note: Children under 7 are not allowed in the cat room.
Address: 291 Jackson Street, Petone
Phone: 04 589 2287